Tuesday, May 6, 2008

FDWP Author, Gracen Miller

Hi, I’m Gracen Miller! I am the author of The Devil’s Den, which was published by FDWP on April 1st. My novel is a paranormal romance, with some steamy sex scenes and some graphic violence. My characters go at it, bickering constantly (I love dialogue), but there is a reason for the madness and not just the ‘they’re fighting their attraction’ type of theme, although that is a part of it too, just not the main gist of it. I like characters with depth and strong personalities, but they need flaws too. I’ve been writing for almost 25 years, but only recently became serious enough to submit my novel. Imagine my surprise when I received that call from Peggy at Firedrakes on January 1st! I was excited, shocked and in a “pinch me” state all at the same time.

I’ve started a Yahoo Group with fellow authors, Sarah Makela and Sierra Wolfe, called The Deadly Vixens. We’d love for you to join us there. The direct link is http://groups.yahoo.com/group/deadlyvixens/. Our blog link is http://deadlyvixens.blogspot.com/. We're always looking for guest bloggers, so if you're interested, please e-mail us at thedeadlyvixens@yahoo.com.

Without boring you further, here is the synopsis to The Devil’s Den. I hope you enjoy! If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to e-mail me at gracen.miller@yahoo.com or come friend me at www.myspace.com/gracenmiller.

Synopsis: It was the opportunity of a lifetime, or so Meredith told her best friend, Serena. It had Serena thinking Meredith was finally eligible for the looney-bin. Meredith was talking about monsters and fairytales, some real wacko smack bordering on insanity as far as Serena was concerned. So, when Meredith disappeared, there was only one thing Serena could do, take matters into her own hands and investigate the local criminal hotspot, The Devil’s Den. The bar was as seedy and decadent as it was reputed to be. And the creature she found there—Six was his first, middle and last name—was nothing short of terrifying, his abilities completely defying logic. Yet, it was easier for Serena to pretend he was not all that he claimed.

Born over three thousand years ago, Six is a vampire who has become jaded and spoiled by his feral power and immortality. Humans are nothing more significant than toys to be played with and in fact his favorite sport is to locate the most innocent of victims and then torture them cruelly before taking their lives. Even with his supernatural arrogance, nothing could have prepared Six for the sudden unexplainable desire he feels toward the human, Serena. Serena, a karate instructor happy with her bland, boring life, launches his demoralized existence into a chaotic mess.

Through their tangled encounters, Six is surprised when he realizes he has found his salvation in the one thing he despises most…humanity. And Serena having never been the adventurous type, but instead having always taken the safer route her entire life, finds adventure when she needs it most and wanted it the least.

Warning, graphic and violent content
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
The Devil’s Den Copyright © 2007 Gracen Miller

No comments: