Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Here I Am

I am here to promote my two books, Takuhi's Dream, and Roman Rhapsody. Takuhi's Dream is a Young Adult Science Fiction novel about a young professional woman who is haunted by dreams about a monster she encountered on her most recent mission. It is for those 13-17 and for those who prefer no erotic content. I have a friend who prefers no erotic content. She feels like a voyeur during the bedroom scenes and feels depressed because the characters almost always are handsome and pretty and have perfect bodies. I see what she means because who would want to read a story about old fat people with arthritis?

Roman Rhapsody is an erotic romance that is mostly about married love. Both the main character Olivia and the Olivia she has dreams about who lives in ancient Rome are married. Both of them have husbands who travel a lot. The ancient Olivia solves her loneliness by taking a gladiator to her bed and later buying him. The modern Olivia is tempted to have an affair with a modern gladiator, a professional athlete, and later her husband introduces her to a football player who is the spittin' image of the gladiator she dreamed about.

I tend to write about people who are attractive. Maybe they aren't movie star attractive, but they are attractive. I prefer to have my characters be ideal people, but they have the same foibles and doubts as the people you and I know. Now I am writing about a real girl. I knew her. She actually lived and died. She was murdered at the age of fifteen by a man crazed on drugs who was robbing the store she worked for. Her grieving parents, who believed in life extension, had her head put in cryo. My story begins with when she wakes up 532 years later, her body having been cloned from the tissues in her head. My editor, the wonderful inimitable Peggy, was enthusing one day about my writing more YA stories, so I decided I would write this one as a YA scifi story.

Half an hour after being awakened in a new body, Luna meets her posse, a group of young people whom she spends the rest of the story with. Peer groups are very important to fifteen year olds, and she will also discover young love. Now I have to ask the question, "What would the real Luna do?" Well, be patient, and you will find out.

No comments: